|Volunteer with PMRS|
PMRS Volunteering program
Becoming a PMRS volunteer
This section provides information for individuals who are interested in becoming PMRS volunteers or conducting their university field work requirement with our organization. In the past few years, more than 40,000 PMRS volunteers have worked in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. PMRS volunteers play key roles in our humanitarian and advocacy efforts.
The PMRS Volunteering Program offers the following opportunities
- General Volunteer: students and professionals from various disciplines and from any country who want to share their expertise and skills in our humanitarian and peace work
- Youth Volunteer
- Media and Advocacy Volunteer
- Medical Student Volunteer
- Professional Medical Volunteer
- Expatriate Volunteers: for Palestinians in diaspora who wish to return to share their expertise in their home country
To become a PMRS volunteer, one should fulfill the following minimum requirements:
• A university degree or currently enrolled in a university program;
• Adequate number of years of experience and licenses for professional volunteers are required
• At least age 20
• Working knowledge in English or Arabic
• Strong commitment to values and principles of volunteerism
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to adjust in difficult living conditions
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Prior volunteering and/or working experience in a developing country is an asset
Currently enrolled in a university program or attending school;
At least age 12,
Strong commitment to values and principles of volunteerism;
Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
Ability to adjust in difficult living conditions;
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
Specially designed a mentorship program for youth volunteers.
Benefits are, in principle, not measured in monetary terms, foremost is the personal and professional satisfaction the volunteering assignment should bring to you. However, we do offer:
Free limited short-term housing, which is highly competitive. Our temporary shared apartments are fully furnished and near PMRS facilities
Strong mentorship, educational and networking opportunities and activities. Click here to view a sample of volunteer itinerary for the program you are interested in
Ongoing training and refresher courses.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a PMRS volunteer to support our relief and advocacy efforts. To complete the online form, please click here. To apply via email, please click here to download the PMRS Volunteering Form.